Total Pageviews

Monday, March 29, 2010

Distinguished Guests March 29, 2010


I was honored to have amongst the many guests at the unveiling of my painting, "Tigers Over Kweiling", many WWII vets. Two of these veterans of note were: (on my left) is Ed Foster, Former U.S.A.A.F. B-17 Tail Gunner. He Flew 24 Missions with the 398th Bomber Squadron "Hell From Heaven", out of Nuthampstead England. He was on what was supposed to be his last mission when the war against Germany had ended.

The man on my right is Hal Geer; the highest decorated Aviation Photographer in WWII. He flew with the 14th Air Force, (the group who took over the job the A.V.G. had started). Mr. Geer led daring exploits behind enemy lines: taking photographs of Japanese installations and operations which were utilized by the American Government as intelligence as well as for propaganda purposes.

I like to spend time with these men, hearing their stories, learning from their lessons. I am humbled and appreciative for the sacrifices they made.

2 comments: