Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Unveiling, March 28, 2010




I found it was kinda funny how many people wanted to see what was under the blue sheet. to take a peek! I understand their curiosity.

CAF Col. Marc Russel assisted me in the unveiling of the painting, and I was received by round of applause and excitement. (Note: my awe shucks expression) My family and friends came; even my buddy and fellow banjo player Joe Johnston came down from SB, and it turned out to be quite an event.

There were other noted WWII celebrities that came for the occasion; Men who stared death in the face more than once, and survived to tell about it. This painting honored them, their generation, and their legacy.

2 comments:

  1. Thomas -- your dedication to these fallen and aging heroes of our greatest generation is inspiring...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for taking time to hear the story!

    ReplyDelete