Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Mission San Antonio April 6, 2010



My gallery rep, Joseph Bottoms, took me up to Carmel for a night hauling his large Airstream behind his Chevy Blazer. It was a painting trip, as well as a recon excursion for an O.A.K. Group exhibition which would benefit the Carmel Valley Association.

We Stopped along the way to paint Point Sur Lightouse under a full moon, as well as a visitation to Mission San Antonio. Joe pulled his trailor alongside the Mission, which sat in the middle of the Fort Hunter Liggett Army Base in Central California.

While Joe made us something to eat, I set up my paints and started to paint the Mission Baptismal. This photo gives a pretty good indication of the palette configuration I was using at the time.

The Moon was rising, the Army Helicopters were warming up near by, and I was set up on what looked like unmarked graves from the indians who died while building the Mission 200 years ago, or less.

No comments:

Post a Comment