Total Pageviews

Friday, April 9, 2010

Moon Over the Moor. April 9, 2010




During my first One Man Solo Museum Exhibition at the Carnegie Art Museum, in 2005, I did a plein air demonstration on my techniques for painting Nocturnes.

I first performed a slide presentation on the History of Nocturne Painting. While the lights were off I turned on my head lamp and book lights, revealing a blank canvas on my easel and a palette set up with all the colors ready for painting. I spent approximately 45 minutes to an hour painting this image. It is from my imagination.

Even though my basic basic design was based on some houses and landscape I'd seen in Scotland, The Moon and Clouds are mine.

The demonstration was merely to give a understanding of what I go through to capture the chiaroscuro while subjecting myself to low light situations.

In Mid June I am heading up a show of nocturne artists, at the Santa Barbara Tennis and Racket Club. This image was selected by the Curator, Susan Tibbles, to be the invitation piece.

Moon Over the Moor
14"x12" oil/Panel 2005

Painting subject to prior sale

No comments:

Post a Comment