Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Teaching Day: Joaquin Sorolla, and The Art of Play February 9, 2012

Today's class was set up at the Arroyo Burro (Hendrys) Beach in Santa Barbra. Beautiful Day, Beautiful Weather, Beautiful Light. The Surf was up: waves 5-8 feet! Everyone was feeling fine.


Today's Demonstration:  looking into the glistening path of light from a high sun overhead, the goal was to think color first, then seeing the relationships on the notes of color adjacent to the highlights. I chose the color harmonies based on a painting I'd seen painted by Joaquin Sorolla; called, "Beach on the Noon"
(I will post my demo later). 

Joaquin Sorolla: Beach on the Noon




Boy on the March



















What captivated me was the quantity of foam that accumulated at the shoreline. I saw a little boy playing by the sea shore and felt compelled to capture his since of exhilaration while playing in the suds.


Skidaddle!
Lite and Frothy















He did his best to avoid the Foam Monster, until he decided to climb into the largest pile of foam, pick a bunch, and take some home.
My Class at Play

No comments:

Post a Comment