Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Trestle in Fog, Holister Ranch. Jan. 14, 2010


Guess I'm a moody guy...
A couple of years ago I traveled up to Holister Ranch with a fellow artist friend of mine, Benjamin Brode. We went up so I could paint some images for an OAK Group art exhibition to benefit the Holister Ranch Conservancy.

By the end of the day the Fog came in just a little, and the moon rose high above. We situated ourselves on a bluff next to one of the train trestles and in the dampness and moonlit fog proceeded to paint. I added the figure for depth. It's metaphoric for my current Psyche; I'm willing, but not always able to grab my knapsack, bedroll, and ride off into the darkness, in search of the light; never knowing what just lies ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment