Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Night Painting; April 29, 2010




I have recently returned from Scottsdale AZ where I instructed students in the fine art of painting nocturnes in Plein Air.

The Scottsdale Artists School, which sponsored me, is a class act. It is a hub for all aspiring artists to come and take workshops from working professionals at a reasonable price. They provide a safe and comfortable space for the students, and really support the instructors.

I taught a moonlight painting workshop this last weekend. We were blessed with decent weather, and a full moon to provide us with an eloquent motif. Even though my class spent very little time in doors, the plein air nocturne workshop

I like the dry atmosphere in Arizona, I also appreciate their independence and courage to grab the bull by the horns regarding illegal immigration. There are storm clouds on the horizon.

It may be time to paint in the studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment