Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Getting Ink. May 4, 2010



A couple of years ago I guess I happened to be in the right place at the right time. I was teaching the first class of the Winter quarter; of my SBCC Continuing education class when this photo was snapped of my class and me. It appeared the next day in the Santa Barbara News Press!! Page A-4 (Front Section!).

So much about choosing an Art Career as a vocation depends upon reputation and PR. The Art Business is all about exposure. I tell my students that the public generally has a short attention span, and if what you are producing is not grabbing their attention, (i.e. stopping their eye), then you need to change your bait and tactics.
Once something has caught on, there is a lot of follow up and follow through.

Any chance one gets to be in the newspaper or on T.V., it is a good thing. It plants seeds; in which one never knows will grow. The seeds drop in, the ripples go out.

I am blessed to have a solid core of students that show up consistently on Wednesdays, to be in awe of our beautiful environment, and strive to capture the sun in it's
tracks.

Painting Light and Shadow in Art
Butterfly Beach, Santa Barbara California

No comments:

Post a Comment