Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 20, 2010

A Huge Presence in a Small Bed. May 20, 2010



Well, this was Van Gogh's bedroom. This was Van Gogh's Bed. What the hell was going through his head?

I hopped in his bed and put my feet up. Dang, short! No room to stretch! He must have been 5'2, or else he'd be forced to sleep in the fetal position for eighteen months.

My Artist Mentor, Dan McCaw use to say, "You should be able to paint inside a phone booth- if you have to".

Well, these confined quarters would have definitely tested my claustrophobic fears.

Lying there in Van Gogh's bed, I was all ears...

www.surrealbounce.blogspot.com


Photo by Robert Eringer

3 comments:

  1. Yes, I'm claustrophobic as well. I am not sure how I would have managed to paint in that atmosphere but I'll bet I could have made it work if I were Van Gogh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They say it take aproximatly two weeks to adapt to confining spaces like prisons. The mind needs time to adjust...and time is relative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was the space between his ears that was huge I guess!! I need Ativan to do an MRI and turtlenecks make me anxious ... thank you for that image !!

    ReplyDelete