Total Pageviews

Monday, May 10, 2010

Monaco Cool. May 10, 2010



Eringer was doing something covertly for Prince Albert of Monaco. I didn't know and didn't ask any specifics about this fact, when he asked me to paint the Grimaldi Family Crest on the right sleeve of his A-2. My Philosophy: I will know what I need to know, when I need to know it.

The painting process was the same for painting this crest as it was for the subrosa shield. The photo of the crest depicted here is current. One can see parts of the crest have worn off eloquently through miles of wear, giving the flight jacket much more authenticity and pizazz.

Eringer and I had our jackets, and now it was time for us to adventure to France, in the middle of winter and under the full moon. This would be our second trip in the Odyssey; reaching deeply into the search for creativity and madness.

This time we would seek out the spirit of Van Gogh in the places where he made his stand, and wind up holding his ear in his hand.

Monaco Cool: A nonfiction travelog by Robert Eringer

No comments:

Post a Comment