Total Pageviews

Monday, April 4, 2011

Einstein on the Beach Santa Barbara April 4, 2011



Even the brilliant in mind realize the miracles and restorative nature of the Ocean. The Pacific Ocean has no memory.

I saw this photograph of Albert Einstein on the somewhere near Santa Barbara. Being a landscape painter I saw the landscape behind him in the picture and knew instantly where it was. I printed out the photo, and one Saturday morning I took my two boys to that spot where Einstein once stood, probably in the 1950's.

Remarkably the beach has still the same type of sand. There are houses now, out of the picture on the right.Padero lane runs to that first Promentory known as Loon Point. (Kevin Costner lives just around the bend). Santa Barbara is the furthest land mass in the picture.

Even though Einstein wasn't a painter, his mind was Masterful. My job as a Dad was to try to integrate the importance of history to my kids; to try to get a feeling of what Past Masters may have experienced, as if they could follow in their foot steps.

That is not a requirement, but it would be a comfort it they strived hard.

Einstein: "Genius= 1% inspiration, 99% perspiration"

No comments:

Post a Comment