Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Ruptured Duck in Progress March 3, 2010



I often tell my students, "One should be able to paint from inside a phone booth if they have to". In other words; it's not always about surrounding yourself with a comfort zone in order to create a work of art.

Sometimes I paint in edgy locations to achieve a heightened state of awareness, other times such as this, I spent eight or so hours leaning over the horizontal stabilizer of the aircraft in order to paint the logo. Needless to say, it was extremely difficult to achieve this painting due to the strange contortion of my body over long periods of time.

But, "No pain, no gain."

It is all worth it, and now the CAF has a new work of art decorating one of their warbirds, and I contributed to make a difference.

Photo by Dan Newcomb

No comments:

Post a Comment