Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Monaco Ritz



I met ROBERT ERINGER over nine years ago at a Gallery in SANTA BARBARA.

After seeing my plein air Nocturnes, he made the opportunity available to me, to paint the purist of night sky's, in ICELAND! That journey evolved into a six year Odyssey; in search of Creativity and Madness.

Many of our journeys unfolded in a Surreal fashion. One of the Surreal locations we'd visit was Monaco. (It was three years before I knew what Eringer was doing there). Well, he would have his secret meetings, and I would go off to paint.

In the six years of our SURREAL BOUNCE ODYSSEY I produced 120 paintings during our jaunts. This particular painting, which I titled "Monaco Ritz", was painted under the full moon, on my first nights' visit to Monaco; playground of the rich and famous I painted it from my hotel balcony, overlooking the Principality.


I particularly like the painterly quality of this piece. The Glitz inspired by the Ritz. This painting exhibited at the ELEANOR ETTINGER GALLERY in SOHO, NEW YORK during my first solo NY exhibition, in 2002.

Monaco Ritz
10x14 oil/board 2000

collection: ROBERT ERINGER

No comments:

Post a Comment